Terry Gilliam School of Film: 10 Lessons for Directors
- Growing up is for losers.
- Film school is for fools.
- Auteurism is out. Fil-teurism is in.
- Put your ideas in a drawer. Take them out as needed.
- All you’ve really got in life is story.
- Command the audience with your lens.
- Nothing can defeat a director who is one with his actors.
- Surround yourself with improvisers.
- Directing is not for the faint-of-heart. Or the sane.
- Be an enlightened despot.
- Bonus Lesson: And whatever you do, don’t ever work with the Weinsteins.